(913) 426-1026 . 10220 Kessler St. Apt D Overland Park, KS 66212 . email@example.com
Ongoing personal projects can be found at www.ivyleafdev.com
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- Responsive/Mobile Web Development
- Telerik web controls
Professional Technical Experience
Word-Tech - Mission, KS
(May 2015 - Present)
I work with a team to develop and maintain a web-based version of the
company's primary Windows product - DocMinder. I use C#,
and other skills as needed to collect, manipulate,
and display user data in a large, multi-layered project.
Collaborate with both technical and non-technical employees
Build pages based on design specs or desired program features, maintaining usability and site consistency
Limit feature accessability based on user authorization
Fix issues with the application reported by clients and other team members
Amoblix - Overland Park, KS
Web Development Intern
(January 2014 - December 2014)
Developed programming skills using PHP, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, MySQL, and Wordpress
Designed and built a Wordpress site for the non-profit agency Achievement Services in Atchison, Ks.
Built CRUD functional sites with MySQL databases and custom PHP templates
Technical Training and Education
Centriq Training (Leawood, KS)
Application Developer in C#.NET Program graduated May 2015
Professional IT Project Experience:
Trouble Ticket Project:
- Created a secure ASP.NET MVC application for managing the lifecycle of a trouble ticket associated with hardware and software within an organization.
- Administrators have the ability to manage employee and department data as well as manage all details of submitted trouble tickets.
Widgets and Gadgets:
- Created a secure application for managing product data.
- Built the application to simulate an online store front with a shopping cart.
- Gave administrators the ability to manage product, category and vendor data.
Minnesota State College – South East Technical (Red Wing, MN)
Graduated Band Instrument Repair Program in May 2009
Missouri Western State University (St. Joseph, MO)
Graduated with a BA in music in spring 2006 with an emphasis in oboe performance
MNSC Southeast Technical - Red Wing, MN
(August 2008 – May 2009)
- Assisted students and staff with IT issues
- Assisted IT department as directed
- new computer setup
- downloading and installing software
BNSF Railway Technical Training Center - Overland Park, KS
Usability Tester /Administrative Assistant
(January 2007 – July 2008)
- Performed filing, data entry and other office work as needed
- required ability to learn new tasks quickly
- required ability to prioritize projects and work independently
- Ensured quality and usability of computer based training programs for BNSF Railroads.
- included checking training programs for functional and content errors
- required great attention to detail
- required good communication skills
Musician’s Friend Distribution Center Kansas City, MO
Band Instrument Repair Tech
Repaired returned and damaged instruments for Musician’s Friend/Guitar Center. Required cost-benefit analysis decision making and time management skills in addition to specialized instrument repair skills. (September 2010 - December 2013)
Palen Music Center Liberty, MO
Sales Rep/ Band Instrument Repair Tech
Minded the sales floor by assisting customers and performing daily store closing duties including running reports and making deposits. Position required good communication skills. Repaired and ensured playability of woodwind and brass instruments at Palen Music Center. Created and managed repair tickets in AIMsi system. (September 2009 – February 2010)